The yarn is Wendy Traditional Aran. It seemed to tick all the boxes - superwash, 100% wool, worsted weight, natural colour - but it's way too hard for a baby. I bought it because it's all I could get without having to order over the internet. I was worried that delivery would take too much time between Xmas and New Year and time is running short. Luckily, DH decided he really needed to go into the office (in London) today and he's going to try to get me some softer yarn that ticks all the boxes. I've asked him to try for Rowan Pure Wool Aran in a natural colour. I'm SO hoping they have some so I can restart quickly! I could kick myself for knitting so much before deciding it really WAS too hard and now I have to restart. If there's anyone here in this echoey chamber, please cheer me on. I could really do with it right now.
ETA: DH has managed to get a whole kilo of Rowan Pure Wool Aran in just the right shade in the sale with more than 50% off so all is well. I will even have enough left to make a project I've been planning to make for some time so that's a bonus!
5 comments:
Go KnitYoga, go KnitYoga, Go, Go Go!!
That is my rally cry! i can't imagine ripping all that out.
May the knitting gods be with you woman!
Miss Hazel....Don't panic. We have time. If you need to order yarn go ahead and we can reimburse you for the cost of both the yarns.
Your work is absolutely beautiful!
You have plenty of time. You will finish in plenty of time.
Thanks, Hedge and Julie. I knew I could count on you lovely MAers to give me a much needed boost. However, all seems to be well. DH has just phoned to say he has managed to get me a whole kilo of lovely soft Rowan Pure Wool Aran in just the right shade called paper. It's a light beige and, even better, he found it in the sale bin with more than 50% off! I have a plan for what's left. I've been wanting to make Nicky Epstein's Tree Afghan for some time and there should be more than enough left for this. No need for any reimbursement! I'm more than happy to fund a thing or two here and there for the MA group and its members who/which are beginning to feel like family! :-)
Wow! The edging will be awesome! You seem to suffer from the same thing I do...convinced that it will "magically" change and become softer or drapier or whatever. (It never does....dang it!)
Sorry you have to start over with the edging, but it sounds like you now have the perfect yarn!
Thanks!
LOL! Yes, Jinann, I see you can empathise. The more I knitted, the more I tried to convince myself that it would be okay. Luckily, I decided I really had to do a reality check and so I soaked the first few points in Eucalan and let it dry. Still hard as a board and very little drape. I'm so pleased I stopped when I did. It could have been worse! The new yarn is knitting up a dream.
Post a Comment