Some of you might have questions about the number of stitches to CO and the actual blocksize (of 9"). The picture above shows how the block comes to life, row after row. The middle section, where the decreases are made on the RS, will become one of the corners of the block. So the block is build over the diagonal.
Please stick to the needle size and number of stitches to CO. It will be allright...trust us :)
If this rises any more questions, please drop them and we will be most welcome to answer them!
GrF & Fibers
6 comments:
I have a question... do you want us to weave in the ends or leave them long for the strippers? thanks in advance, chamois
Good question, thanks for asking!
Please weave in the ends
GrF
Thanks - I wasn't sure if they would want to use the ends for weaving/sewing the blocks together.
You say you want a 5x7, in the 25th post and a 9 inch square on this post...I have made some squares the past two days..(other yarn) and they are 8 inch with 70st and a #8 needle.
Guess I am saying, different people have different tension...and the pattern will make a square,
not rectangle (as in 5x7).
But before we start..what size are we shooting for??
Sorry if I caused confusion here, the number of square blocks is 5x7 (7 stripes made of 5 blocks each). One block should measure 9"x 9".
Does this help? GrF
Oh Yes, that I can understand,
Thank You,
Susan
Post a Comment